Thursday, 8 December 2011
Bible Quiz Answers
1. Name the four Gospels.
2. What is the longest book in the Bible?
3. Who wrote the Acts of the Apostles?
4. Which book says, "The wages of sin is death"?
5. How many people were on Noah's Ark?
6. What is the Golden Rule?
7. Put in chronological order: Daniel, Noah, Paul, Moses and David.
8. How many books are there in the Bible?
9. Who were the first two people?
10. Name the Ten Commandments.
11. Angels are: ghosts of dead people, children who died in infancy, genies, or invisible beings created by God?
12. Who was the brother of Jacob?
13. Who wrote Psalm 23?
14. Name three of Jesus' parables.
15. How many epistles were written by John?
16. Was Luke: a fisherman, an apostle, a doctor or a shepherd?
17. Which tribe did Moses belong to?
18. Is Daniel in the Old or the New Testament?
19. In what language was the New Testament written?
20. Faith is: a leap into the dark, trust in what God says, believing in something you know isn't true, or a religious feeling?
21. Who said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive"?
22. True or false: The apostles James and John were brothers.
23. Who were the three patriarchs?
24. Put in chronological order: Temple, Church, Tower of Babel, Tabernacle.
25. What did Jesus say were the two greatest commandments?
26. Name the first three kings of Israel.
27. Is Santa Claus in the Bible?
28. Give the name of at least one angel.
29. Who wrote the Book of Deuteronomy?
30. Did Jesus feed 4,000 or 5,000 people with the loaves and fishes?
31. How many Minor Prophets are there?
32. Which book says, "I am the resurrection and the life"?
33. Was Matthew: a carpenter, a centurion, a tax collector, or a priest?
34. Which Gospel records Jesus turning water into wine?
35. Is the Book of Hezekiah in the Old or the New Testament?
36. Name the twelve tribes of Israel.
37. Who was the oldest person in the Bible?
38. A saint is: a sinless person, an apostle, a pope, a Christian, an angel?
39. What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
40. Name the Five Books of Moses.
41. Who wrote the Book of Revelation?
42. Give three names or titles for Satan.
43. What kind of meat was eaten at the Passover?
44. Hallelujah means: I believe, hosanna, wow, praise the Lord, or amen?
45. Which book tells us the life of Samson?
46. What was the first language that Scripture was translated into?
47. What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
48. Name the twelve apostles.
49. Put in chronological order: the Crucifixion, the Flood, the Babylonian Captivity, and the Exodus.
50. Name someone who went to Heaven without dying.
51. Who will be raised from the dead: all men, Christians only, or angels?
52. True or false: We are saved by being baptized in water.
53. Name the Books of the New Testament.
54. Will we see God in Heaven?
55. Original Sin means: demon possession, Adam and Eve having sex, Eve eating the Forbidden Fruit, or our inheriting Adam's Sin?
56. Name three of Christ's miracles.
57. Which book says, "Spare the rod and spoil the child"?
58. In what language was the Old Testament written?
59. Is the Book of Hebrews in the Old or the New Testament?
60. Put in chronological order the nations that held Israel captive: Greece, Egypt, Babylon, Rome, Assyria, and Persia.
61. Christ means: Master, High Priest, Annointed, Savior, Lord, or Redeemer?
62. True or false: God will save someone if he has more good works than sins.
63. Where are the 10 Commandments located in the Bible?
64. Who wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes?
65. Which book says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth"?
66. Which tribe of Israel did Jesus belong to?
67. Name 3 of Israel's feasts or festivals.
68. Who was the greatest man before Jesus: David, Abraham, Solomon, John the Baptist, Moses or Adam?
69. Which book mentions the handwriting on the wall?
70. Who was the Emperor of Rome when Jesus was born: Herod, Caesar Augustus, Pilate, Nero, or Julius Caesar?
71. True or false: Moses led Israel into the Promised Land.
72. Being born again means: reincarnation, regeneration, redemption, or restitution?
73. Which book says, "God helps those who help themselves"?
74. Quote a Bible verse that proves Jesus is God.
75. Which Gospel mentions the Star of Bethlehem?
76. Was David: a prophet, a shepherd, a soldier, a musician, or a king?
77. What is the "New Jerusalem"?
78. What are the three divisions of the Old Testament?
79. Election means: God chose only some people to be saved, our parents dedicated us to God, or God chose those He knew would believe in Jesus?
80. Does the Bible contain many, a few, or no errors at all?
81. Is the Book of Enoch in the Old or the New Testament?
82. Put in chronological order: Jeremiah, Elijah, Samuel, Peter, Isaiah.
83. Church means: Temple, Christian building, called-out assembly, or nation?
84. Quote a Bible verse that teaches justification by faith alone.
85. Which is the greatest: hope, love or faith?
86. Which Gospel has the Parable of the Good Samaritan?
87. Hell is: a real place, a myth, here on Earth, Purgatory, or nowhere?
88. Put in chronological order: Sarah, Ruth, Mary, Eve, and Esther.
89. Which book says, "I am the Good Shepherd"?
90. Who could enter the Holy of Holies: the pope, Moses, a priest, an apostle, the High Priest, only angels?
91. Paul says we are justified by: faith, good works, or faith and good works?
92. What is the Pentateuch?
93. Which Gospel records the Parable of the Prodigal Son?
94. Where is it written, "Wives, submit to your husbands. Husbands, love your wives"?
95. Demons are: goblins, fallen angels, ghosts of dead people, or myths?
96. Who was Jesus' mother?
97. Which book says: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved"?
98. Whose wife was Jezebel?
99. Who baptized Jesus?
100. Quote a verse that teaches the doctrine of the Trinity.
1. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
4. Romans (6:23).
5. Eight. Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives (I Peter 3:20).
6. "Whatsoever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them" (Matt. 7:12).
7. Noah, Moses, David, Daniel, Paul.
8. Sixty-six (thirty-nine in the Old Testament, twenty-seven in the New Testament).
9. Adam and Eve.
10. You shall have no other gods before me, you shall not make any graven images, you shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, remember the Sabbath day, honor your father and your mother, you shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, and you shall not covet [abridged wording].
11. Invisible beings created by God.
14. Prodigal Son, Good Samaritan, the Sower, the Lost Coin, the Lost Sheep, the Treasure in the Field, the Pearl of Great Price, the Great Feast, etc.
16. A doctor (Col. 4:14).
18. The Old Testament.
20. Trust in what God says.
21. Jesus (Acts 20:35).
23. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
24. Tower of Babel, Tabernacle, Temple, Church.
25. "You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind. . . . You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Matt. 22:37,39).
26. Saul, David and Solomon.
28. Michael, Gabriel, and Satan (fallen angel). Some add Wormwood (Rev. 8:11). No other angel is named in the Bible.
30. Both, on separate occasions (Matt. 14 and 15).
31. Twelve: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. Could you have named them?
32. John (11:25).
33. A tax collector.
34. John (chapter 2).
35. Neither. It is not in the Bible at all. There is no such book.
36. Reuben, Judah, Issachar, Levi, Dan, Zebulon, Benjamin, Simeon, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, and Joseph (which was divided into Ephraim and Mannaseh).
37. Methulseleh. He lived 969 years (Gen. 5:27).
38. A Christian. All Christians are saints.
39. Psalm 119. It has 176 verses, far longer than any other chapter.
40. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
41. John the Apostle.
42. The Devil, the Tempter, Beelzebub, the Serpent, the Dragon, the Evil One, the Prince of the Power of the Air, the Accuser, Prince of Demons, etc.
44. Praise the Lord.
45. The Book of Judges (chapters 13-16).
46. Greek. The Old Testament was translated into Greek before the New Testament was written.
47. John 11:35, "Jesus wept."
48. Peter, James, John, Andrew, James the Younger, Matthew (Levi), Simon the Zealot, Philip, Thaddaeus (Judas, not Iscariot), Bartholomew (Nathaniel), Thomas, and Judas Iscariot.
49. Flood, Exodus, Babylonian Captivity, and the Crucifixion.
50. Enoch and Elijah.
51. All men (I Cor. 15; Daniel 12:2). But only Christians get perfect bodies.
53. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John, Jude, and Revelation.
54. Yes. See Matthew 5:8.
55. Our inheriting Adam's sin. See Romans 5.
56. Turning water into wine, feeding the 4,000 and 5,000, raising Lazarus, walking on water, stopping the storm, healing the blind, etc.
57. This saying is not in the Bible. A similar proverb is in Proverbs 13:24.
58. Hebrew and a few chapters in Aramaic (mainly in Daniel).
59. The New Testament.
60. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome.
63. Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5.
67. Passover (or Unleavened Bread), Pentecost (or Weeks), Tabernacles, Sabbath, Trumpets, Day of Atonement. Hanukkah is not in the Bible.
68. John the Baptist. See Matt. 11:11.
70. Caesar Augustus.
71. False. Moses died in the Wilderness. Joshua led Israel into the Land.
73. This is in Poor Richard's Almanac by Benjamin Franklin, not the Bible.
74. John 1:1, 8:24,58, 20:28, Rom. 9:5, Titus 2:13, I Tim. 3:16, etc.
75. Matthew, Chapter 2.
76. All of these.
77. The Church. See Revelation 21.
78. The Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms (or Writings). See Luke 24:44.
79. God chose only some to be saved. See Eph. 1, Rom. 9, John 15:16, etc.
80. No errors at all. See John 17:17, "Thy Word is truth.".
81. It is not in the Bible at all.
82. Samuel, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Peter.
83. Called-out assembly.
84. Rom. 3:20,28, 5:1, Gal. 2:16, 3:11, Eph. 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, etc.
85. Love. See I Cor. 13:13.
87. A real place. Also known as Gehenna and the Lake of Fire.
88. Eve, Sarah, Ruth, Esther, Mary.
90. Only the High Priest.
92. This is the term for the Five Books of Moses. It is also known as the Torah.
94. Ephesians 5:22,25; Col. 3:18-19 (cf. Also I Peter 3:1,7).
95. Fallen angels.
97. Acts (16:31).
98. King Ahab.
99. John the Baptist.
100. Matt. 28:19, Luke 3:22, II Cor. 13:14, Eph. 2:18, I Peter 1:2, etc.