Saturday, 17 December 2011
Title: The Commission Of Isaiah
Title: The Mission Of Isaiah
Text: “In the year that King Uzziah died I saw also The Lord….’’ (Isa. 6:1)
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 6:1-13
Introduction: in 1952, the sad word went forth from London “The king is dead.’’ King George VI had died in his sleep at the age of fifty-six.
In 1963, another Shocking word encircled a disbelieving world: “The president is dead.’’ John F Kennedy was cut down by an assassin’s bullet.
About 700 years before Christ was born in Bethlehem, the sad announcement was made “The king is Dead’’ King Uzziah the 11th King of Judea
1. In the year that King Uzziah died, This naturally denotes a period after the death of Uzziah, though in the same year. Which was the fifty-second year of his reign, and in the year 3246 from the creation of the world?
2. Isaiah Saw the Lord . When he began to worship the Lord he saw King of King
3. Isaiah Saw Himself. In Every worship, we must see ourselves and we must recognize that who we are.
4. Isaiah Saw God’s Cleansing power. God was faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse of our unrighteousness.
5. Isaiah saw His Work. He heard a voice “whom shall I send’’ Who Shall go for Us’’
6. Conclusion Just like the Isaiah done God need the complete surrender without any Question. May God help us to say “Here I am; send me’’